People in Albuquerque may think getting busted with a little marijuana results in only a ticket and a fine. But state police officers were sent to Albuquerque in May to crack down on crime, and they’re enforcing state law. That means there’s still a way for even small amounts of weed or paraphernalia to put people here in cuffs.
Video: Deputy Used Stun Gun On Student With Disability - The Associated Press A northern New Mexico sheriff's deputy is facing criticism after a video showed him using a stun gun on a high school student with a disability. This story corrects a previous version to say the student used the slur not the deputy.
This week on The Children's Hour , we’re broadcasting live from Albuquerque’s Open Space Visitor Center with Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller . The Kids Crew will follow up on our interview from when he first took office. With featured musical guest Robb Janov , and a special performance by the New Mexico Peace Choir . Everyone is invited to join us at the Open Space Visitor Center on Saturday June 1, when doors will open at 8:30am. The whole family is welcome to be part of this live broadcast, then stay to enjoy the beautiful bosque.
- SEBAGO F161 387 chaussure shoes man man sample case sample EU 43
- Tod’s Beige Patent Leather Mules shoes 38 US 8 100% Authentic
- Women's Ankle Boots Leather shoe size 38
- Air Jordan 3 Retro OG - True bluee 2016 Release Men’s Size 10
- Clarks Men's Ashmont Way Slip-On Loafer - Choose SZ color
- GIORGIO ARMANI Silver Rhinestone Open Toe Pumps XGDD33 US 6 EU 36 NEW
- Guiseppe Zanotti Womens Sandals bluee Suede Alligator gold Spikes Sz 40 US 9 New
- Men's Puma Trinomic XT2 White On white white white 35813802 Brand New In Box
- Nike Air Max 90 Premium Winter Wool Leather Brown bluee Green Mens Trainers shoes
- SALVATORE FERRAGAMO BERNIE ESPADRILLE WEDGE HIGH HEEL SHOES Sz.US10 C 40EU
- Tamaris Schnürstiefel Hightop-Sneaker taupe (beige grey) Schlangenmuster 37 38
- Luxury Women Hollow Out Floral Print Open Toe High Heel Wedding Party Sandals sz
- Womens shoes Slingback Ankle Straps Clear Ladies Mid Chunky Heels Sandals Sweet%
- Womens Sequin Ankle Boots Pointy Toe Low Heel Glitter Booties Front Zip shoes Sz
- Jessica Simpson Women's Layzer, Pewter Multi, Size 7.5 H8YP
- Women Deep Wrinkles Knee High Boots Super High Stiletto Heel Pointed Toe shoes
- Loake 1880 Kempton Calf Grain Leather Tan Boots UK Size 6.5F
- ECCO Biom LITE, Womens Multisport Outdoor 41 EU 10-10.5 US
- BARBARA BUI SILVER PATENT LEATHER DRESS PLATFORMS HEELS PUMPS SIZE 38,5; 8,5 9
- Frye Walker Low Lace Sneaker
- 1950s Vintage High Cut Canvas Sneakers White Basketball shoes size US 10.5 Y113
- Adidas Unisex Original NMD R2 Runner Black Black Red CG3384 Size 4-11 Limited
- BORN men's VIRGO DRIVING SHOES Slip On Lace Moccasins Leather Whiskey Brown 11 M
- DANSKO WOMENS CLOGS PRO XP CABRIO BLACK SIZE EU 42
- Gentle Souls Womens Demiglo KS Mary Jane Suede shoes, Black, US 9.5
- J0830 sandalo zoccolo bluee marine ricami plateau legno Loren
- Men Fashion Ankle Boots Real Suede Leather Loapard Snake Pattern Size shoes Hot
- NEW Mens John Lobb TURF Sienna Brown Leather Chukka Boots UK 10.5 E
- Nine West 25021924 Womens Morrisa Dress Pump- Choose SZ color.
- Salvatore Ferragamo Vara 7 3A gold Metallic Signed Bow Calf Leather Pumps
- SCARPA CON LACCI PRADA LUSSO 4E3260 black NYLON TECH PLUME NUOVE 9 43 43,5
- Tin Haul shoes Women's Aztek Western Boot
- Adidas Deerupt Runner Mens Red Mesh Athletic Lace Up Running shoes
- ASICS GEL-Cumulus 20 - Women's Stone Grey Black 2A008020
- CHELSY AUSGEFALLENE LEDER orange HERRENSCHUHE DESIGNER SLIPPER HANDARBEIT 39
- Ecco Men's Sandals Receptor Style
- EUC -TOD'S Miami Infradito Sandals Low Wedge shoes 39.5 Or 9.5
- J. LINDEBERG Men's Beige Flat Italian Suede Loafers 495 NEW
- Adidas BB6892 Mens Adizero Ubersonic 50YRS Ltd Tennis shoes- Choose SZ color.
- BARBARA BUI MADE IN ITALY BEIGE NUDE SUEDE PUNKY WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS EU 40 US 9
- Mens Nike Air Max 90 White With Gum Sole Size 9uk
- New Rock Black Leather Sneaker shoes Mens C 42 Platform Punk Creeper Metal Goth
- PLEASER ADORE 708OMBRE AQUA-blueE POLE DANCING STILETTO HEEL SANDALS SHOES
- Woody Men's Boots Boat Wood-O-Flex fur Smooth Leather Sz. 40 - 47 Lamb Lining
- Schuh Womens EU Size 38 Grey Ankle Boots
- VALENTINO 1295 V. Garavani Leather Wing Tip Full-Brogues Lace Up EU40 BN
- Clarks Men's Allston Free Slip-On Loafer
- ECCO Womens Shape 55 Tall Riding Boot 7-7.5 US- Pick SZ color.
- HOGAN H332 women BEATLES BOTAS BOTINES EN EL TOBILLO ART. HXW3320Z660BYEB999
- LUXURY CALZATURA women BALLERINA PELLE black - 3A3D
- Men's Brand New Air Jordan 1 Retro NYC Hi Athletic Fashion Sneakers
- NEW J.CREW ETTA BEAD-STITCH PUMPS 10 RED WHITE NAVY HEELS CHUNKY 69588
- Nine West Womens Leisa Fabric Dress Sandal- Pick SZ color.
- Rocky Men's 6 MobiLite Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boots-6114
- Sperry Men's Authentic Original shoes - Choose SZ color
Let's Talk New Mexico
Let's Talk New Mexico 5/23 8a: Higher than average rainfall and snowpack means we're experiencing one of its wettest springs in decades. The Rio Grande is running ten times higher than it was at this time during last year's drought. So much water increases flood risks and challenges us to remain conservation minded. Has all the rain changed your plans for farming or planting gardens? How are you remaining water conscious? Do you plan to go river rafting or sailing on one of our state’s lakes this year? Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet us using the hashtag #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
It's awards season for journalists and we're proud to annouce that the New Mexico Broadcasters Association has recogized KUNM news coverage for Excellence in Broadcasting with top awards for Breaking News, Feature News, Continuing Coverage, Legislative Coverage, Best Student Newscaster and Student Reporter.
University Showcase 5/17 8a: Jim Linnell was six months away from retirement from the University of New Mexico when he became a quadriplegic. His new book, “Take It Lying Down,” chronicles his life since the accident.
Public Health New Mexico
Having a lot of abandoned or foreclosed homes in your community can hurt morale and drag down property values. A group of neighborhood associations in Southeast Albuquerque are taking things into their own hands.